[message_box title="" color="red"]
Brig (Retd.) Dr. B K Singh, SM, VSM
MS (Surgery), MS (Ortho)
Director – Orthopaedics
Senior Consultant, Joint Replacement Surgery
Artemis Health Institute
Sector – 51, Gurgaon
Dr.(Brig.) B.K. Singh served in the Indian Armed Forces Medical Services and specialized in doing Joint replacement Surgery. He had the distinction of introducing Joint Replacement Surgery facility (JRC) at Army Hospital (Research and Referral), New Delhi. He initiated the idea in 1993 and created an Ultra Modern World Class thirty bedded specialized Joint Replacement Center “JRC” in 1997.
Dr. B.K. Singh has a series of more than 5000 arthroplasties to his credit and pioneered different types of Arthroplasties in India during his 15 years leading career of “JRC”. He is the only joint replacement surgeon who has the distinction in introducing and successfully doing following specialized joints in India.
Dr. B.K. Singh has vast experience of Revision Arthroplasty Surgeries of Knee and Hip joints using wide a range of implants including constrained and Rotating Hinge Knees and Cemented and Uncemented revision hip implants such as CRC and Wagner. He has carried out a number of surgeries in cases of Gun shot wounds and tumours around the hip and knee joints using modular resection implants.
Dr BK Singh earned his graduation (MBBS) in 1972 and master degree; Master of Surgery in 1981 and Master of Orthopaedics in 1987 from the prestigious Armed Forces Medical College, Pune, India.
He has Super Specialty training in Joint Replacement Surgery from Institute of Orthopaedics, The Robert Johes and Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic Hospital Oswestry, (UK) in 1991-1993 and since then he has been exclusively working in the field of Joint Replacement Surgery. He got advanced training on Navigation and Robot Assisted Joint Replacement Surgery at Osaka, Japan in 2003.
Earlier to Artemis Hospital as Director – Orthopaedics & Joint Replacement Surgery. Dr. B.K. Singh held the eminent positions with Harkrishan Manipal Hospital, New Delhi as Director – Medical Services, BL Kapoor Memorial Hospital, Delhi as Chairman – Orthopaedics and Senior Consultant, Joint Replacement Surgery – Sir Ganga Ram Hospital.
[message_box title="Contact Dr BK Singh" color="yellow"]
Joint Replacement Team now connects with Indian Health Centre for online consultation and appointments.
[button color="white" background="blue" size="medium" src="PLACE_LINK_HERE"]Connect with Joint Replacement Team or Call +91-9810092812[/button]
[toggle_item title="Know More About Dr BK Singh" active="false"]Dr.(Brig.) B.K. Singh has earned many commendations for his dedicated and professional work in the Armed Forces :-
- In Establishing medical facilities including operation theater at Dakshin Gangothri – the first Indian Station in Antarctica – 1983-1984.
- Established Mobile Field Hospitals, including operation theaters in Siachen Glacier (1984-1985) and inSri Lanka during operations (1987).
- Awarded Sena Medal (Gallantry) in 1985 for rescuing and treating victims of Helicopter Crash in Sea while at Antartica with 3rd Indian expedition.
- Awarded GOC-inC (Trg Comd) Commendation in 2001.
- Awarded Chief of Army Staff Commendation in 2004.
- Awarded Vishist Sewa Medal (VSM) in 2005 by President of India for outstanding contribution in the field of Joint Replacement Surgery.
- Awarded Commendation by Director General coast Guard in 2006.